Zucchini Keftedes with Feta and Dill
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 1/3 pounds medium zucchini, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- Plain whole-milk or reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt (for garnish)
- Additional chopped fresh dill (for garnish)
Grate zucchini on large holes of box grater onto clean kitchen towel. Sprinkle zucchini with 1 teaspoon coarse salt; let stand at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil. Wrap zucchini in towel; squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place zucchini in medium bowl. Mix in green onions, 3 tablespoons chopped dill, mint, garlic, lemon peel, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Gently stir in panko and egg, then feta. Using 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture for each, shape mixture into 1 3/4- to 2-inch-diameter patty; place on baking sheet. Chill at least 1 hour. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
Pour enough canola oil into heavy large skillet to reach depth of 1/4 inch; heat over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add patties to skillet. Cook until golden and cooked through, adjusting heat if browning too quickly, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Using slotted metal spoon, transfer to paper towels.
Arrange keftedes on platter. Top each with dollop of yogurt. Sprinkle each with dill. Serve warm or at room temperature.